[NCLUG] Data Security Blanket

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Fri Dec 14 11:13:46 MST 2001

Thus spake J. Paul Reed:

> On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
>
> > rsync + a small shell script should do the trick nicely.
>
> rsync is mighty cool, but even a find -exec 'cp -a' with the right -atime
> (and other) flags in the right directory would do it, if you're looking for
> super simplicity.

 I think you have your simplicity meter upside down. :-) Using rsync would
be much more simple than find, especially when you throw in the
ctime/atime/mtime options in the mix. rsync may be a bit more cpu intensive
though.

 However, for the security blanket model, using find would probably be
better in the long run.

--
   Mike Loseke    |
 mike at verinet.com |   Now RFC-1925 compliant!