[NCLUG] Grub boot loader and bad fstab

Joshua SS Miller joshua at fitsnips.net
Wed Dec 19 15:50:01 MST 2001

Hello All,

I am running RH7.2 on a IBM570 thinkpad that work gave me(that or they
where going to trash it).  I set it up using ext3, but when I would boot
I kept getting a error about mulit users and the journal.  So I used
debugfs
and remove the journal stuff as I found in the readme for going back to
ext2.  Not thinking I rebooted the machine without editing the fstab.
So
now I am unable to mount the root file system and there for unable to
boot.
But since I do not have a cdrom or floppy for the system I am wondering
if there is a way to override the filesystem type in fstab.

Thank you for the help.

Joshua
--
"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre
minds.  The latter cannot understand it when a man does not