[NCLUG] unsubscribing broken addresses

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Sat Dec 22 22:17:28 MST 2001

Hi NCLUGers,

We've had a lot of bounces when sending mail to the list recently. Most of
them were caused by the AT&T cable modem problems. I decided to hold off on
removing people until that was sorted out. By now I suspect everyone should
have dealt with their problems. I notice some have resubscribed under another
address but the old one is still bouncing.

This is probably a good time to recommend that people not subscribe using
addresses that are difficult to redirect when problems occur. Use one of the
free redirection services or ask another member for an account on a more
stable domain.

OK, I removed the following addresses,

daniel.herrington at home.com ->daniel.herrington at mail.ftclns1.co.home.com ->
                                                            Account inactive
davbraley at home.com -> davbraley at mail.ftclns1.co.home.com -> Account inactive
hipnotic2 at home.com -> hipnotic2 at mail.ftclns1.co.home.com -> Account inactive
kmanley57 at home.com -> kmanley57 at mail.ftclns1.co.home.com -> Account inactive
mrsizer at home.com   -> mrsizer at mail.ftclns1.co.home.com   -> Account inactive
rip6 at home.com      -> rip6 at mail.aurora1.co.home.com      -> Account inactive
sean623 at home.com   -> sean623 at mail.ftclns1.co.home.com   -> Account inactive
ted.anderson at home.com -> ted.anderson at mail.ftclns1.co.home.com ->
                                                            Account inactive
sapienza at cs.colostate.edu   -> User unknown

I will remove the following if they don't get their problem figured out soon,

occam._.cyberpunk at zzn.com -> mailbox full
jtsmmlinux at earthlink.net -> Quota

Thanks,

--