[NCLUG] RE: Keyboard Gnome issue

Marc Poulin mpoulin at verinet.com
Sat Dec 29 12:53:30 MST 2001

Kirk:

First off, I don't claim any particular knowledge of Gnome. Having said
that...

I poked around a bit on the usual web sites (google, deja) and found out that
Gnome keeps some keyboard shortcut files under your home directory in
the ".gnome/accels" directory. I guess the next thing I would try is to
rename ".gnome/accels" to ".gnome/accels-save" and restart Gnome.

If Gnome can't find the shortcut files, you should end up with a plain
vanilla keyboard (that's my hypothesis, anyway).

(Apologies in advance if you've already tried this.)
Good luck!
Marc