[NCLUG] Duke of URL Linux HW buyer's guide...

S. Luke Jones luke at frii.com
Sun Feb 4 21:37:30 MST 2001

I just read this month's Linux buyer's guide at the duke of URL
website. I'm particularly smitten with the low-end system (cheap
tightwad that I am :-) but when I go to the vendors I'm most
comfortable with, the parts (a) aren't all available, at least,
not all from a single vendor, and (b) come with typically a few
percent higher price tag than those in the guide (which I presume
is using the lowest price seen on pricewatch).

My question then is this: can anyone recommend a local outfit
to whom I could general-contract out the work of putting together
a system like the one in the article? If so, do you know what
they might charge, beyond the cost of parts for doing the work?

--
Luke Jones = luke/vortex/frii/fullstop/com