[NCLUG] the BSA truce

S. Luke Jones luke at frii.com
Sun Feb 4 21:46:45 MST 2001

Has anyone else gotten the obnoxious letter from the
Business Software Alliance declaring a truce? A truce
in the war they're conducting with, uh, presumably me,
since they sent me the letter. (Plus there's the issue
that Randroids will recognize from the name they gave
their organization: against whom are they allied?)

I'll bring my copy of the letter to the meeting this
Tuesday. I can't do it justice on the list. It isn't
just letters, though: it's on the radio too.

I think NCLUG (LUGs everywhere?) should prepare a
response (I'm thinking of something like "Nuts!"*)
and, uh, do something with it.  Who could we send a
press release to?

(* "Nuts" -- see for example http://helios.acomp.usf.edu/~dsargent/)

--
Luke Jones = luke/vortex/frii/fullstop/com