[NCLUG] RFC: draft of press release

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Feb 8 12:36:22 MST 2001

On Wed, Feb 07, 2001 at 11:57:25AM -0700, James DeWitt wrote:
>Sounds great.  It's ironic that the MS empire
>is the secret power behind that 'Alliance.' :-)

Not so secret...  They mention it right in the letter, along with
Adobe, Autodesk, and others.

>But anyway, it's a minor point, but about the name...
>We don't want to associate free software with
>computer break downs.  How about something like

I like the name.  People working with Windows obviously understand
a "breakdown", and implying that the shakedown will breakdown is
something they can dig, I suspect.

 His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like
 underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.