[NCLUG] grrrr....

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Tue Feb 13 09:04:41 MST 2001

 Great. google now owns deja.com and they've rolled the newsgroup stuff up
under their search engine. And it sucks compared to good ol' deja. Grr...

 On a side note, anyone ever seen GNU ftp truncating passwords sent to
the server at eight characters? Is this behaviour modifiable? The specific
problem I'm seeing is that when logging on as anonymous to a particular
server, and sending a "user at domain.com" style password, it's truncating at
8 characters and being rejected by the server. If the username happens to
be seven characters long then it works (ie. "mloseke@" and
"mloseke at foo.com" are both valid because the latter is truncated to the
first and the first is acceptable to the server).

 The reason I'm blaming GNU ftp is that this is on a solaris box and the OS
supplied ftp works just fine. I need more coffee.

--
   Mike Loseke    | If at first you don't succeed,
 mike at verinet.com | increase the amperage.