[NCLUG] grrrr....

aaron at tummy.com aaron at tummy.com
Tue Feb 13 16:42:33 MST 2001

> This is pretty much what I ran into as well. Thanks for confirming,
> in at least this instance, that I've not completely lost my
> mind. :-) I've already pointed the user at lftp and the OS supplied
> ftp (as well as a couple other options) so he's running and as
> blisfully ignorant as ever.  I think I'll just nuke the inetutils
> install of getpass related utils.

Is there anything worthwhile in inetutils?  It all looks to be ancient
(Net/2 or 4.3BSD) code.  (OK, OK, so that's not so ancient to a
handful on the list.)  Surely, Sun's rutils are workable (and ssh is
cooler anyway), there are certainly better ftp clients (and servers)
out there, and the Solaris telnet works, and the Sun syslog handles
those doors or portals or whatever they're called.  Looks like
inetutils was put together so that the HURD might have some basic
network functionality.  Really basic...  Just curious about the
motivation for installng it.

Aaron
--
MTS, tummy.com, ltd.