[NCLUG] port monitorer

Chris Wolney chris at wolney.com
Mon Feb 19 08:54:28 MST 2001

I've sniffed the traffic before, and the packets are usually the machine
playing "marco polo" on the network.  The MS master browser model and WINS
architecture is a disaster.

Running your firewall with a log is a way to burn a lot of free time, but
it's something that people truly in control of their network often do.  I
log on my home cable modem connection, and it's amazing how much spyware
there is out for Windows.  That, and a handful k1dd13z a day trying to find
subseven and bo trojans on my machines.

-Chris