[NCLUG] using kgcc w/RH7

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jan 3 01:00:22 MST 2001

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 10:12:09PM -0700, S. Luke Jones wrote:
>know how to do is rpm -i and then rpm -bb. Can someone with
>a srpm clue recommend how to do a build using kgcc instead
>of the plain old evil gcc?

It depends a bit on the SRPM, but you can probably edit the .spec file
(/usr/src/redhat/SPECS) and look for the %build section.  Under there you
should see something like "make".  Try changing this to "make CC=kgcc"
and then do an "rpm -ba" on it.  Check the output produced to make
sure it's using kgcc (you'll see the make output scroll by).

If that doesn't work, the SRPM builder did something funky and you'll have
to look at the Makefile.  If you need to modify the makefile they use,
let me know and I can help you with that.

 My loyalties are to the people, not the politicians.  If these .sigs lead
 you to think I voted for Gore, think again.