[NCLUG] Linux 2.4 Kernel Pool Results

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jan 8 16:59:48 MST 2001

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 03:13:16PM -0700, Evelyn Mitchell wrote:
>Yeah, I'm so excited. I really have to get the t-shirt:
>http://www.cafepress.com/moodycow01

Yeah, I was going to order it for you last night except I'm still waiting
for my new credit card after Egghead got compromised...

>Though, our servers were much better equipped to handle
>hordes of geeks than the t-shirt suggests.

Yeah, almost twice as many entries in the last 12 hours as we had for
the last pool.  Best I could figure, it was using about 5% CPU and
0.10 system load to handle it during the peak time...  No problems...

 Do you think reading about cowboys is sufficient to ride a horse?
 Like horses, real programs tend to throw you.  -- John Shipman, 1997