[NCLUG] suggestions on building a box

Matt Rosing rosing at peakfive.com
Thu Jan 11 09:14:04 MST 2001

Hi,

I'm thinking about replacing my linux box with one built from
components and was wondering if I'm getting myself into trouble or
not. Anyone have good or bad experience, or recommendations?

I'm looking at an Abit kt7 motherboard (athlon chip). From what I can
find, Abit used to make mediocre boards but now the quality is much
better. They also have a kt7-raid board that has a built in raid
controller. Is this worth it?

I found someone (jcns.com) that will burn in a bare bones system that
I configure. That would alleviate a lot of my concerns with buying a
system piece by piece.

Thanks,

Matt