Wireless networking [was Re: [NCLUG] Re: Sean's Social Hacking]

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jan 22 03:11:17 MST 2001

Ahh, I see.  Apparently WebGear significantly increased the price of the cards
with the AviatorPro cards.  Odd considering that's basicly just a firmware
upgrade from the original Aviators that they were selling for $150 a pair,
now it's $158 for a single card with ISA adapter.

Yeah, for that sort of price the 11Mbps 802.11b cards are the way to go.

Though I seem to recall having seen pairs of Aviators going for around $150 on
ebay within the last month, including the ISA cards.

 You know you're in Canada when:  The petrol-station attendant describes
 -30 degrees C as "she's a bit nippy out there, eh?".