[NCLUG] programming question

Gary Rogers garyr at dmin.net
Sun Jul 1 13:52:01 MDT 2001

I agree that web-enableing an app won't increase sales 1000 fold, but it
will definatly change the app from a relativly predictable usage curve to
one that is more spiky. The real solution to this whole thread is a well
thought out load test plan and implementation. That would quickly show where
an application needs to most help, if your 'oo' is getting you anything in
the app, AND if it's maintainable by your current programing staff as they
tweek it for optimum performance.

I don't know, I jumped ship on the whole Web thing 6 months ago as the
bubble was bursting, are development companies getting smarter about having
good designs and QA before they release an app to a real load test, i.e. the
Web?

g:wq