[NCLUG] Newbie

Eric Brunson brunson at level3.net
Wed Jul 18 11:14:49 MDT 2001

I'd highly recommend iptables (IPChains Next Generation).

Also, for a quick and easy "hold my hand the whole way" firewall
installation I suggest looking at Bastille Linux
(http://www.bastille-linux.org/).  It prompts you through the entire
configuration process explaining each decision along the way, and can
use iptables or ipchains.

Isinglass is written and maintained by the hosts of this mailing list,
but when I looked over it it seemed to only support ipchains and I
wasn't able to locate a great deal of documentation on it.  Perhaps
one of the tummy.commer's would like to elaborate on their product.

e.

* densign at danedesign.tv (densign at danedesign.tv) [010718 10:11]: