[NCLUG] Local Chapter of the Internet Society?

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Tue Jun 5 17:31:54 MDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "High Lord Charles Abernathy Wanghanger III"
<sapienza at www4.drikka.net>
To: <nclug at nclug.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 4:44 PM
Subject: Re: [NCLUG] Local Chapter of the Internet Society?

Colorado

> > > I think you just volunteered, Mike.
> >
> > What does it do? Should I join? Could I network and get a good job?
:-)

> Let me know if you find one!

<sigh>  Well, okay, so I read the docs.  Apparently, you must have 25
members to become a chapter.  Oddly, those 25 members must be... uh...
members.  So, I guess you join any old chapter, then when 25 of you get
together, you all go off and start your own chapter.  Or something.
<shrug> I dunno...

On the other hand, they help you find other members in your area.
That's kinda nice.

Aside from the membership requirements, you have to do the whole
legal-entity thing, have a board, and have /real/ meetings.  Yikes.  I
don't think I could do that.  My high school disbanded student council
after my presidency. :)

I just thought that I should probably give my $35 a year to this
place... but when I went to sign up, it wanted to know what chapter I
was joining -- and there wasn't one for me!