[NCLUG] Linux/Att cable modem....

Dave Treece davet at frii.com
Wed Jun 6 21:49:59 MDT 2001

I shouldn't reply to this but....

If you had asked, I could have told you that an email/registration was done,
but no replies had come from the other side. But since this "suddenly"
became a problem, we thought it might be better in the long run to at least
attempt to conform to their standard.

Not everyone calls out for help without investigating the possibilities. You
should know the level of service help with an ISP (whatever) of this sort
that have their specific standards and are pretty much hands off if you
don't use the standard equipment. We he told the cable guy that his computer
was used both at home and at work the installer would no longer touch his
computer and finish the setup.

I asked a simple question "has anybody here done this...." and answers to
that affect are extremely helpful. Telling us to "re-read" our email does
nothing.

I apologize for the rant, but, this it's responses such as this that keep me
from interacting on lists such as this more often.