[NCLUG] Linux/Att cable modem....

Dave Treece davet at frii.com
Thu Jun 7 22:03:53 MDT 2001

Ok, my last thought on the subject...

  I am on a team of software engineers who program interfaces to
semiconductor equipment. After installation our focus pretty much falls to
ongoing support, which means that I/we have to deal with people over this
stuff every day. I know how little some of these people know about the
computer interface, and what not ,but we always deal with the initial
question at hand and never assume that these people are just idiots. And,
yes, many times we do have to ask, "Is it plugged in?"

I guess all I'm saying is that diplomacy is everything, and in online
messages even more so.  I was tired when I read your response so maybe I was
a little too sensitive at the time and reacted a little more harsely then I
should have have, and in that respect I apologize.