[NCLUG] Build a Linux kernel for a 486 machine.

Eric Brunson brunson at level3.net
Thu Jun 21 13:43:57 MDT 2001

Check this out, too:

http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw/

Brief Description

    floppyfw is a static router with the firewall-capabilities in
    Linux.

    Although it is called a firewall it does not have all the
    functionality we are expecting from a firewall of today. It is
    basically a Screening router or Packet filtering
    firewall. (Although many firewalls sold today are just this.)

    I am using this to put my home network behind a box running this
    and an ADSL modem on the other side. It can of course be used with
    cable modems and everything else giving you an ethernet port to
    connect to. It is also used as a basic firewall at some sites that
    do not need proxying proxies.

    The 1.9 series has stateful packet filtering.

It'll be even better when the move from IPChains to IPTables.

* M Butcher (mbutcher at aleph-null.tv) [010621 13:03]: