[NCLUG] RE: Hard Disk Configuration

John Purser jmpurser2 at home.com
Fri Jun 22 13:25:52 MDT 2001

I'm not certain if the disk druid is available outside of Red Hat installer
but even using it during the install it only reported about 27 gigs.

Other geometry anomalies (I think) are that it reports
Cylinders: 4,111
Heads:	255
Sectors:	63

While the Drive specs say"
Actual Cylinders: 77,536
Max Cylinders: 	16,383
Heads:		    16
Sectors:		    63

Not sure if I'm seeing a misconfiguration or a difference in nomenclature.

John P.