[NCLUG] Boycott Ziff Davis Media

Matt Taggart taggart at carmen.fc.hp.com
Mon Jun 25 14:45:34 MDT 2001

Hi NCLUGgers,

As the listed contact for NCLUG in several places I periodically get email
with various offers for NCLUG members. Sometimes I pass them on if they're ok,
some I just ignore if they're crap. Then I got one from Ziff Davis...

   "Ziff Davis is looking at targeted sites for an affiliate-based circulation
   program and your group site is a great match.  It's simple -- your members
   have the opportunity to sign up for subscriptions to our FREE trade
   magazines (ie: eWEEK, Interactive Week) from your group link and you'll
   get a $5 referral bounty for each person who qualifies."

That's right, sign everyone up for SPAM(email and snailmail) for $5 apiece. I
doubt anyone on this list actually reads their stuff but if you do....

--
Matt Taggart
taggart at fc.hp.com