[NCLUG] UCE (was: FREE Advertising at Mall.com (fwd from: free at mall.com))

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Fri Jun 29 17:10:00 MDT 2001

> Make money fast, earn $50 - $100 a day filing claims against your junk
> email....
>
> The only problem is that the system does not work well for the
individual.
> I applaud the group effort.  It is the only real way to stick it to
them.
> Dave Graham

It is getting a little tougher -- I notice many of
the people spamming me are now based out of Canada,
eh?  I've been looking for an opportunity to apply
the new law, but it is usually just me.  When someone
spammed a CSU list I was on, I thought we had a chance,
but I couldn't get enough people together.  This
should be a pretty tight case, though -- There is
no ADV: tag and I should think that the fact that
the list is the northern COLORADO linux users group
makes is pretty clear where the mail was going.

The only thing that would make this case tighter
would be if there was an SMTP Banner as per
http://www.cauce.org/proposal/  on all our
servers.

Either way, I'm really happy to see us moving on
this, and I'd like to see it go to completion.
Do we each have to sue for our $10, or can Tummy
collect on our behalf?  I'm certainly in for it,
but I'm not sure what to do from here.

I certainly applaud Sean's taking this up. Between
this and other help he's given me, I owe the man
a fair amount of beer...

ObInsideJoke: Does anyone know of a local source
for satellite toner?