[NCLUG] Satellite internet access (DirecPC)

jkemper at prhc.net jkemper at prhc.net
Fri Mar 2 14:25:55 MST 2001

Hi, all. My name is Jason Kemper and I am new to the group. I am an IS
Director but I have only been experimenting with Linux for a few months
now.

My question is this: I live in Fort Morgan and as I'm sure many of you
know, broadband residential internet access choices are limited (read:
almost non-existent). I was curious if anyone has any experience with
DirecPC and Linux. Can I connect my Linux box directly or will I need to
connect my Windoze98 machine to the satellite and run WinProxy to serve it
up to my Linux machine? Being something of a newbie, I expended a lot of
effort configuring IP Chains, DHCP, named, etc. I'd hate to have to take a
big step back into MS territory now.

Thanks,
Jason Kemper
jason_kemper at prhc.net