[NCLUG] dhcp and @home

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Fri Mar 16 09:39:28 MST 2001

 Any of you @home cable modem users have any issues with getting DHCP to
work? I got it installed yesterday and could never even get a reply from
my dhcp requests, although I could see plenty of broadcasts on the network
from stations other than myself. I'm connecting a machine directly to the
modem over cat-5. Their tech support wasn't very useful as they tried
updating their dhcp database 3 times then gave up and said I couldn't talk
to tier 2 support anymore because I only had the basic installation. :-P

 I did get it working with the static IP and hopefully I can convince them
to let me keep it but they confirmed again to me that they are going to try
to take them all away and make everyone use dhcp where possible.

--
   Mike Loseke    | If at first you don't succeed,
 mike at verinet.com | increase the amperage.