[NCLUG] OT: Racks? Any suggestions on Suppliers?

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Thu May 3 22:18:54 MDT 2001

> Hi Rich - I've been following Ebay with a search on "19* rack" for
> a while looking for some cheap JBOD mounts - there have been a fair
> number racks at reasonable prices (even after shipping). Check it out.

Sure, but be aware of shipping!  I found a great pop machine, but it
would have cost more than the machine to get it shipped, here!
Depending on the size of the rack, the usual carriers (FedEx/UPS)
might not carry it.
Local suppliers are good in that case.

>         Wintronic Pricy? I'm just biased because my wife works there I guess :)

I think that equipment in general is pricy.  It shocks me to pay that
much for a telco rack, only to find it is a few slats of machined
aluminum and some bolts.  I think $.37 each for a RJ45 plug is insane.
But I can't find them much cheaper anywhere.  So maybe I should qualify
that:  New telco/networking equipment is pricy, and Wintronic sells
new stuff.