[NCLUG] /etc/exports question

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Fri May 11 08:05:44 MDT 2001

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Michael Coffman wrote:

>   /home *.ftc.agilent.com(rw)

According to the manpage, this will only work if the machine name is
joker.ftc.agilent.com... which it seems to be...

> I also tried:
>
>   /home 130.29.208.0/28(rw)
>
> With no luck.  I was not sure how to format that last one.  It is a class
> C network.

The syntax for IP addresses is address/netmask, so that should be
130.29.208.0/255.255.255.0

> Any ideas where to look for why only the host name is working in
> /etc/exports?

Check out the manpage for /etc/exports (man exports), and also see what an
exportfs -a gives you...

Hmm... I should probably go to bed now... I've been trying to get my APC
UPS to UPS all night without much luck... fsck has been nice and busy all
night...

Later,
Paul