[NCLUG] how was install fest?

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Sun Nov 4 21:51:35 MST 2001

Daniel Herrington writes...

> How did it go?  Lots of new installees?  Any cool
> hardware/demos/games/etc?

Pretty good. I think we had around 80 people and did maybe 15 installs. Some
of the demos,

GIMP and StarOffice
USB camera on a laptop
watching full screen DVD movies on a laptop(StarWars and Holy Grail)
Photo editiing/printing
3D graphics games on an ia64
PPC Linux on an iBook
GPS/Mapping
PA-RISC Linux
CD burning
wireless networking

There was also lots of free CDs, junk food, and nerf weapons. I think everyone
had a good time and quite a few people even stuck around until 5pm. IMHO, the
location worked better than the ballroom we had last year and was free. The
event was pretty easy over all, enough so that we might consider doing it more
often if we think there's a need.

Thanks to everyone who attended and helped out!

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org