[NCLUG] Mandrake 8.1 installed again.

M Butcher mbutcher at aleph-null.tv
Mon Nov 5 09:59:57 MST 2001

Hmmm... that's interesting. I have three systems running 8.1, and I haven't
experienced that sort of thing with any of them. One of them only has 64M of
RAM in it (and it's a K6-2), and though I could probably get it to start
swapping if I tried, daily use (Mozilla, XMMS, Enlightenment) hasn't done it.

Maybe some more specifics would help. How many services are you starting at
boot? Are you running a lot of servers? What desktop apps are you running?
What are you usually doing when it starts swapping?

Matt