[NCLUG] Highpoint IDE RAID For Linux?

DJ Eshelman dj at starvingguitarist.com
Mon Nov 5 19:26:33 MST 2001

Sorry I missed the install fest- I have a sick NT4 server and a 'hacked' php site to baby sit...  but I did install RedHat 7.2 this weekend anyway.  Gnome with Nautilus is pretty nice... but I gotta stick with KDE.  But hey, it doesn't have to be pretty to work well, eh?  XP is 'pretty'.  But hey, let's not go there.  On to what's bugging me!!!

Has anyone tried using a Highpoint EIDE RAID controller with Linux?  Last time I looked, there was no support for the RAID Functions of the device.  I only ask now because one of the drives failed from being thrashed by NT4 (if you don't know what 'thrashing' is, I'll forgive you just this once), and, well, heat problems from being stuffed in a closet.  So when and if I replace the drive I'd really like to go (back) to using Linux as a SAMBA server for this bad boy, but I'm not sure I want to lose the RAID 0, you know?  It was pretty darn fast...

So if anyone has had any luck or can help out- it's always appreciated.

Oh, and if anyone knows anywhere that will need a Sys Admin or tech or ... well, whatever- My current contract ends mid-December and I'll be looking once again for gainful employment.
I'm A+ certified, have about 3 years of mixed experience between NT, Novell (barf) and *nix administration (not programming or DBA) with small businesses.  I'm currently working on Network+ just to try and add to the resume, but I know most of the stuff anyway.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

-DJ Eshelman
dj at djeshelman.com