[NCLUG] Highpoint IDE RAID For Linux?

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Mon Nov 5 21:24:23 MST 2001

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 07:26:33PM -0700, DJ Eshelman wrote:
>Has anyone tried using a Highpoint EIDE RAID controller with Linux?
>Last time I looked, there was no support for the RAID Functions of
>the device.  I only ask now because one of the drives failed from being

Just FYI, Promise is coming out with a new 6-channel RAID board that
they're listing Linux support for.  Based on my benchmarking recently of
IDE versus SCSI in a RAID-0 configuration, it should be a pretty sweet
system you can set up for around $800 (20GBx6 + card) and up (depending on
drives).  My testing using kernel RAID on 3 drives had pretty darn good
performance.

 Thieves broke into Scotland Yard yesterday and stole all the toilets.
 Detectives say they have nothing to go on.