[NCLUG] MegaRaid fails at boot?

Rich Young rich at RepublicOfTech.com
Fri Nov 9 13:44:53 MST 2001

Hi all,
	I'm trying to get a server set up for home use, and I'm having a problem
with my RAID card.  It's an HP NetRAID, which RH recognizes as an AMI
MegaRAID.  It has its own little BIOS that kicks in after the motherboard
bios is done scanning the IDE channels. Sometimes, the RAID BIOS fails to
kick in, and the whole machine hangs -- no LILO, no nuthin'.  This behavior
seems truly random -- no apparent relation to temperature, time of day,
phase of moon, or how lovingly I manipulate the power switch.  Any ideas?

	When we get this one solved, I'm sure I'll have other questions.  I'm
really more of a user than an administrator, so I'm sure there will be
plenty of them....

--Rich Young
   rich at RepublicOfTech.com