[NCLUG] MegaRaid fails at boot?

C.J. Keist cjay at engr.colostate.edu
Fri Nov 9 16:04:07 MST 2001

I had to disable BIOS control on the NetRAID card.  You might try this.

At 01:44 PM 11/9/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>         I'm trying to get a server set up for home use, and I'm having a
> problem
>with my RAID card.  It's an HP NetRAID, which RH recognizes as an AMI
>MegaRAID.  It has its own little BIOS that kicks in after the motherboard
>bios is done scanning the IDE channels. Sometimes, the RAID BIOS fails to
>kick in, and the whole machine hangs -- no LILO, no nuthin'.  This behavior
>seems truly random -- no apparent relation to temperature, time of day,
>phase of moon, or how lovingly I manipulate the power switch.  Any ideas?
>
>         When we get this one solved, I'm sure I'll have other questions.  I'm
>really more of a user than an administrator, so I'm sure there will be
>plenty of them....
>
>--Rich Young
>    rich at RepublicOfTech.com

I just want the chance to prove 'Money can't buy Happiness'" - a bumper sticker

C. J. Keist                     Email: cjay at engr.colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301