[NCLUG] free windows ssh client

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Tue Nov 20 10:49:53 MST 2001

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Herrington <daniel.herrington at home.com> writes:

Daniel> Does anyone know of a free Windows-based ssh client I can use
Daniel> to log in from my dad's Win98SE machine to my linux box to
Daniel> check email?

Brian> Putty!!!

i second the recommendation.  for more information, please look at the
putty home page at:

Daniel> Do I need to generate a key or take one with me on a floppy?

you can do that (i think; i've never actually done so myself).  putty
can also do a key exchange for you; it should display the "key
fingerprint", so that's all you should have to take with you.

t.