[NCLUG] Searchable Mailing List Archives

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Tue Nov 20 12:53:40 MST 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 03:48:32PM -0700, Michael Dwyer wrote:
>Is there any movement towards making the NCLUG mailing lists
>searchable?  I'm pretty sure someone over here has the solution to all
>my PPP via FRII problems, but I really don't want to search all the
>archives by hand...

Go to google and enter: "ppp problems site:nclug.org".

I set up the search engine for BLUG years ago, and it's kind of a pain to
deal with.  I personally never use it, but find that BLUG comes up
suprisingly often in the google searches I do.  These days, that's what I
recommend for searching a specific site.  Google rocks.

The thing I'm most happy with these days is the "spelling correction"
stuff.  Where you enter something wrong, and google makes a suggestion
about the right spelling.  Yesterday I used it specifically to find out how
to spell "Brian Boitano" ("He'd surely kick an ass or two, that's what Brian
Boitano'd do").

 "You're thinking of Mr. Wizard."  "[Emilio Lizardo's] a top scientist,
 dumbkopf."  "So was Mr. Wizard."  -- _Buckaroo_Banzai_