[NCLUG] RFC: Tuesday Night Hacking Club?

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Mon Nov 26 10:13:47 MST 2001

Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> Unfortunately, though, this isn't Seattle...  There, probably a third the
> coffee shops have 802.11b wireless hooked up to a DSL line.  I think with
> the number of us that have 802.11b wireless cards, that it's going to be
> pretty essential to have a place that either has wireless, or has ethernet
> that we can connect an AP to.  Unfortunately, in Fort Collins, that reduces
> the list down to...  Nobody.

Well, fire up NetStumbler, find yourself an open access point... er.
Naw.  That would be unethical.  Damned convenient, but unethical.

Barring 802.11, you could also consider after-8pm or weekends, when
people have all these damn night-and-weekend cellular minutes to
use up.  <shrug>  Not like I have the hardware, but I digress...