Other hacking options (was: Re: [NCLUG] RFC: Tuesday Night Hacking Club?)

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Mon Nov 26 11:58:16 MST 2001

We've had a few offers of residential dwelling space for the event.  I had
thought about that as an option, but there are a few down sides to it.

I suppose that if we had a bunch of people volunteering to have it at their
place, we could rotate so it wouldn't be one person always having to put up
the space.  That however means that it wouldn't be at a regular place.
People would have to <gasp> check a web-site before going to it.

The up side to it is that we could probably do desktop machines and are
likely to have reasonable bandwidth.

At this point we have offers from 3 folks to hold it at their homes.

What do people think?

 moshez is not afraid of commitment.  "Yes, honey, I'm ready for commitment.
 Why, I commit to numerous CVS projects"