[NCLUG] Moving Raid from Windows to Linux

David Graham dgraham at i3.com
Wed Nov 28 11:58:39 MST 2001

Hi all,

I am looking to move a Raid from Windows to Linux platform and then turn
around and serv it back to the windows network.  The Raid is on hardware
Raid 5 striped using a Adaptec 3200S controler.  But the filesystem is
NTFS.  The question is: Is this easily done?

I see that ntfs is a supported file system for mounting.  I also see
that adaptec has the Linux driver for the 3200S on there web site.  In
theory I could install the driver and then see the disk and mount it as
ntfs.  Reality may very.

Then the next part would be to set up samba to slave to our NT domain
controler (never done this is it difficult?).

I invite comments.

Dave Graham