[NCLUG] Moving Raid from Windows to Linux

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Wed Nov 28 19:56:08 MST 2001

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, dmiles wrote:

> To my knowledge the NTFS support is experimental and you can't write to
> it, only read it... I reccomend going to ext2, it would be so much more
> stable under Linux than NTFS under Linux, possibly more stable than NTFS
> under Winblows.

Depending on the size of your RAID partitions, I would recommend going to
ext3, not ext2.

It's in the standard 2.4 kernels now, IIRC... and there was a discussion on
why ext3 was better (IMO) than ReiserFS on this list just a couple of weeks
ago, although you'll probably want to review and decide for yourself.

Later,
Paul