[NCLUG] back ups

C. J. Keist cjay at engr.colostate.edu
Fri Oct 12 09:08:57 MDT 2001

This depends on the amount of data you need to backup.  We have around 1Tb
of data to backup, therefore we have had to invest high dollars in backup
software and tape libraries.  We have two libraries, one a ATL 4/52 using
DLT4000 tapes, and now recently Spectra Logic BullFrog library using the
Sony 8mm tapes.  We backup all users file space and all servers on nightly
basis.  Currently we are switching from Alexandria to Tivioli to do our
backups.  Tivioli supports all the major UNIX platforms including Linux and
Windows.
Anyway, linux.org lists several backup packages for Linux, also I would
point you to my former company Eagle Software (http://www.eaglesoft.com)
they specialize in selling various backup solutions to your needs.

At 10:27 PM 10/11/01 -0600, William Dan Terry wrote:
>I'm just curious what means people are employing for back-ups these
>days, particularly given how much disk space systems can have. I do keep
>data, like documents, in a separate dir tree.
>
>Peace, William
>
>___________W__i__l__l__i__a__m_____D__a__n_____T__e__r__r__y___________
>How do we acquire wisdom along with all these shiny things? -David Brin
>
>     PGP public key:     http://www.knotworks.com/wdt_pgp_pubkey.asc
>     fingerprint:   DC 80 E4 18 E2 CB AC F4  8C 59 9B 9C BB A2 D7 4B

"All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'" - from a
bumper sticker

C. J. Keist                     Email: cjay at engr.colostate.edu
UNIX/Network Manager            Phone: 970-491-0630
Engineering Network Services    Fax:   970-491-5569
College of Engineering, CSU
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301