[NCLUG] Planning for Install Fest and Demo Day, Saturday November 3rd

rotering at animalcules.com rotering at animalcules.com
Tue Oct 23 13:28:23 MDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 10:59:18AM -0600, Matt Taggart wrote:

> Unless a few more people sign up to help we're not going to be able to pull
> this event off. If you can help at all, please reply and sign up for some
> things.

Having been a Slackware bigot for the last 5 years I am mostly
ignorant of the things that make the other distributions tick.  I am,
however, willing to bring a machine (and myself) for the entire event
and provide any sort of support that my become necessary.  Perhaps I
can do a little Slackware evangelizing, too.

I use Linux mostly for unexciting things like writing code and reading
news/mail and a firewall.  I could demonstrate using Slack with a
digital camera and editing/printing photos or something, if that seems
like it's worth doing.  How about gaming?  I've currently got a couple
of Loki titles that could be demonstrated.  Any legal problems with
that?