[NCLUG] ext3 versus ReiserFS?

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Fri Oct 26 11:39:41 MDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 11:47:00AM -0700, J. Paul Reed wrote:
>One thing that makes me a bit skiddish about installing ReiserFS is I've
>seen a number of posts on the kernel mailing list (and granted, this was
>awhile ago when I was actively reading Kernel Traffic) where Hans Reiser

We've been playing with Reiser quite a bit over the last year or more.  The
reason for wanting it was decreased fsck time on large drives.  The
server-type machines that we never reboot have been pretty solid.  On our
workstations, every single one has had some level of file-system corruption
while using Reiser...

Last time I re-installed my laptop I used ext2 instead of Reiser because
it's just more stable.  And ext2 can be easily migrated to ext3.

At this point I'd try XFS or JFS over Reiser.  ext3 is fine.

 Read error: 666 (Connection reset by Satan)