[NCLUG] Linux Version

kensharon.morris at att.net kensharon.morris at att.net
Mon Oct 29 10:28:08 MST 2001

As a novice...I tried Redhat, Suse, Corel and
Mandrake 7.0... on my machine a 300 mhz AMD, 20g hard
drive 84meg memory Mandrake 7.0 worked the best.
Then I got the Win4Lin and have Win98 working on top
of Linux for those applications I can't get rid of
for customers (Word) and windows runs faster than
in native mode.  I think it is because the file system
is more efficient and already up and running vs windows
has to boot everything.
I am very pleased with Mandrake!