[NCLUG] Mandrake 8.1 installed.

Daniel Herrington daniel.herrington at home.com
Mon Oct 29 10:48:58 MST 2001

=> Replying to Les's message, "[NCLUG] Mandrake 8.1 installed."
=> (sent Oct 29 @ 09:04 -0800):
 > success. I'm still exploring KDE and GNOME and trying
 > to decide which I like best. The software package
 > experience is vastly improved. Now all I need to is
 > add a new harddrive on my newer computer and intall it
 > on there because my tired old P133 is dog slow with
 > all this automation and gui stuff running. I was

Les,

You might consider installing xfce (http://www.xfce.org).  It is a
light-weight window manager, without a lot of the bells and whistles
that KDE and gnome require.  I've been running it for about a year,
and I like how fast it starts up and runs.  It runs on my HP-UX
workstation at work, too.  So I have a common interface in both
places.

Regards,
   Daniel

--