[NCLUG] increasing swap space on the fly?

Daniel Herrington daniel.herrington at home.com
Mon Oct 29 10:54:34 MST 2001

A friend of mine sent me this question, and I don't know the answer.
I'm also thinking about upgrading my memory, so I'm interested in the
answer as well.

How can you increase the amount of swap space without killing your
other partitions?  Is there a good "partition magic"-like program to
use that will resize partitions on the fly?  I seem to recall
something like cfdisk, or fips, or something.  But back when I was
reading about it, it was pretty unreliable.

Thanks,
   Daniel