[NCLUG] Updated InstallFest todo list

Matt Taggart taggart at carmen.fc.hp.com
Mon Oct 29 14:37:17 MST 2001

paul hansen writes...

> The Collegian advertising is being handled by Doug Howard. He was talking
> about having an ad running on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Sweet.

> I have a few guys committed to working installs for the full afternoon:
>
>     Gabriel Somlo
>     Mark Smith
>     Vamsi Kambhampati

Noted.

> Are we presuming that those who are doing demos will also be doing
> installs?  It would be nice to have as many install stations as
> possible. Or are you saying by the category below of "Install
> Stuff: staffing" that we are going to have only three install stations and
> the "paul h" is the only one listed so far?

The main intent was to have dedicated people for helping with installs so that
we didn't end up like last year where people were bouncing back and forth and
not really focusing on either. (I found myself doing that a lot)

> We have quite a lot of help for staffing the greeting table (registration
> for installs and presenting equipment).  We plan on having each person
> requesting an install to sign in. They have to sign an InstallFest Waiver,
> and their equipment will be listed an put into an install queue. If they
> request a specific distro they will be put into a queue for a person
> specializing in that distro.

Evelyn <efm at tummy.com> signed up to own the greet table and handout stuff.
Make sure to coordinate with her so you have all the right stuff and aren't
duplicating effort.

> There are at least 6 CSU students coming in at 10 to help with setting up.

Sweet, donuts and c0ffee ok?

> We have two guys bringing in CD burn stations for ISOs.

Great!

> QUESTION: when the InstallFest was held at the Holiday Inn, how were the
> expenses covered?  We are running into a few bills ($25 here, $25 there)
> for things such as the network, newspaper advertising, CDs. Note, this is
> a question from students who are living on tight budgets (if we were
> working we would have $$ to donate to "the cause").

tummy.com, hp, and some others I don't remember paid. Remind everyone at the
setup and we'll pitch in.

> I tried to get Bob Rinker to bring his collection of alphas, but the drive
> from Idaho was a bit far :-)

Oh well.

Thanks,

--