[NCLUG] Fragile flies with broken wings

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Mon Oct 29 22:29:25 MST 2001

dmiles writes...

> My experiance is that potato is so incredibly old that it doesn't even suppor
> t newer hardware. It had a lot of trouble with my P3 and I never did get my s
> ound card up and running... I had to go to woody for that.

I think you mean the default install kernel in potato. There are newer kernel
image packages in the potato archive that may support your new hardware. Or
you could always build your own.

> BTW, anybody knwo where I can get some woody ISO's?

If you go to http://debian.org and click on "Debian on CD" you will find
several vendors that sell a "Development Snapshot".

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org