[NCLUG] any Lispm keyboards?

eric dahlman dahlman at CS.ColoState.EDU
Wed Oct 31 10:08:20 MST 2001

Howdy,

I have a Symbolics keyboard in storage with my XL1201 (can you fix a bad
trace on the MB?) but I don't think that you would want or could make use
of the keyboard.  They are some sort of propriatry connection to the back
fo the monitor using a little rj45 looking jack.  One thing you may be
able to make use of though is a keyboard for a MacIvory.  That when would
have a mac adaptor and was intended to make all of those cool LispM key
available for the daughter card running on the Mac.

On a side note I really did not care for my LispM's keyboard the keys
were really stiff and difficult to press.  The emacs pinky you would get
could be crippling ;-) They are also missing many of the keys I have
grown to like like arrow keys and function keys.

The only thing which I do miss is the set of modifier keys.  You gotta be
able to type Control-Meta-Super-Hyper-Shift-x before you can really be
productive.  Honestly, I can make all of the keys I am missing via
xmodmap as a way to to derive use from those extra "windows" keys as well
as to put the Control key in the right place.

-Eric