[NCLUG] RE: can't copy to vfat fs without mcopy

Ted Anderson ted.anderson at home.com
Sat Sep 1 14:32:36 MDT 2001

Here is the result of the mount command:

/dev/hda7 on / type ext2 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
usbdevfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
/dev/hda6 on /boot type ext2 (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
/dev/hda1 on /win98 type vfat (rw)
/dev/hda5 on /fat32 type vfat (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
automount(pid763) on /misc type autofs
(rw,fd=5,pgrp=763,minproto=2,maxproto=3)

fstab contents:
LABEL=/                 /                       ext2    defaults
1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext2    defaults
1 2
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,users
0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults
0 0
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620
0 0
/dev/hda8               swap                    swap    defaults
0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660
noauto,users,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/hda1               /win98                  vfat    defaults
0 0
/dev/hda5               /fat32                  vfat    defaults,users
0 0