[NCLUG] Apache Seg Faults

Jeff Moe jeff at themoes.org
Tue Sep 18 15:34:50 MDT 2001

I see that it is only happening to /one/ of my virtual hosts, which is why I
wasn't seeing it every time I got hit. It looks like I'm getting less hits
now--it appears FRII's port blocking is working.

Apparently it's happening when one of these two files is requested (more
likely the 2nd one):
/scripts/..Á../winnt/system32/cmd.exe
/scripts/..À¯../winnt/system32/cmd.exe

What is less-than-common about this particular virtual host? A few things:
1) It doesn't log IP addresses. It uses this for logging:
LogFormat "noip - - %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\" %T %V" noip
CustomLog /log/access_log noip

2) It redirects 404s:
ErrorDocument 404 /en/404.htm

3) It has 32 "Redirect permanent" lines. This is due to the site originally
being in English, then getting translated into multiple languages. So the
English site got moved to an /en/ directory instead of root.

I have other sites that are doing the all of the above that aren't affected
though.

Other relevant info:
1) Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymLinks

2) It's running KRUD 7.1 (RedHat based distro). libunicode is installed, fwiw.

Thanks!

-Jeff